Thursday, March 16, 2006

Boot Camp

Sometimes we can say a lot with just a few words. Sometimes things aren't what they seem. And what is voice? All I can say is this. Voice isn't just choice of words. It's a writer's way of showing how he or she sees the world.


Boot Camp

By Jess Patrick

For millions of juveniles, Basic Training begins in summer. One morning in June, a group convened for their briefing. The drill sergeant...


Sergeant Grackle will make her appearance somewhere, some time in the future.

Previously published at BeWrite.net

6 Comments:

Blogger Faith Bicknell said...

I remember this one. :-D

9:34 AM  
Blogger Cellophane Queen said...

Cute. Try Story Station for this.

Marva

11:20 AM  
Blogger Emmy Ellis said...

Hi Jess!

Just nipping in to say although I may not leave comments, I do come here to read on my breaks from writing!

Enjoyable read!

:o)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

Hi Jess
Just popped by. Really like the story. Is it part of something longer? It's especially interesting for me as a character in one of my novels is a soldier. Like your blog.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Jpatrick said...

Nah. Sergeant Grackle has done her duty in this story. It's so fun to watch it happen every June on the lawn, though.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Zinnia said...

Came here through Faith's blog.

Hello!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home